Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pre-pageant

Hello All!

Pageant is just DAYS away!! It begins Friday and I am soooo excited!

I am moving to Waterloo this afternoon.  We need to live closer to the church sites as we are busily working at one site or another daily :)

The first week of pageant we are working at the Peter Whitmer Farm with 2 other companionships! We go into something called PAGAENT MODE where the visitors go station to station. One sister is set up in each spot of the site and people just flood through.  We get about 2 minutes to teach the visitors about our area and just move them through to the next station!  So, we teach about our assigned station over and over and over. Baptism by fire! (Haha)

 Next week we move to Canadaguia to work at the Joseph Smith Farm (JSF) :).  The last time I did ‘pageant mode’ at the JSF site I was upstairs in the log home where the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph 3 times. That was an amazing experience!  And, I was able to bear my testimony about Moroni’s visits to Joseph about a million times!  How blessed are we to serve in these sites?!  

We have also been able to spend more time in our area!  So much fun!!  We finally found Liz, she was hiding from us. (Haha)  She is a Spanish investigator.  I was unable to really teach much because we had a Spanish member with us. But, I was able to speak to her and she's great.  She has digressed though.  We are hoping the Spanish Elders will take good care of her while we are gone. :)  

Dana… I think I told you about her last week.  She's marvelous and is continually progressing!! :D   We invited her to be baptized and she said YES!!!!! :D   We had been teaching the Restoration :) a day or so after we taught her the Plan of Salvation.  We have scheduled her baptism for the 27th of this month!   I am so excited and she is so happy that she has made this decision.  On Sunday we taught the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom, she has no problem with them and has already been living them! :D   How perfect!  We are sad that ww have to leave her for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for TELEPHONES!

July 4th was great here!  We went to Naomi Castle’s apartment to visit her.  We were given permission by President Francis to watch fireworks :).  Naomi lives on the 12th floor of her building and we watched the fireworks from her window.   So, we were dead straight across from the big show!  WOW!   Not only did we watch the big fireworks spectacular, but we were able to see the many fireworks displays from celebrations happening all over the city!!!  I loved it so much!!!

All is well in New York and I love every minute of every day!  President Francis is wonderful.  He and his wife are as loving as they are TALL…he is 6'7" and she is 6'4"!!!!  They have 4 sons that came to accompany them as they serve.  They have a total of 8 children.  They are a wonderful family and have such strong spirits.  They're going to perform a great service here. President Francis has so much love in his heart and I am so grateful to have him for a mission president.  And, I'm so grateful to be serving in this mission.

Due to the hectic schedule, I will not have a pday next week.  But, I will be able to write home when I have some down time :)  HOPEFULLY, Liam will be in the world by then ;).

I know this gospel is true.  And, I know that what has been reported to have happened at these sites really did happen...the Spirit can be felt so strongly at each site.   My testimony is definitely STRONGER than it was before I arrived here and it grows stronger each day!  I know the Lord has a plan for all of us and He loves us all so much.  He will never let us fail.  Keep up the faith :) When you feel alone, get down on your knees for it is there that we are the strongest.

I love you all so very much and I love your support!! You are exactly what I need :).  Keep writing those letters!  Please!

Keep Strong. Carry On.

Love ALWAYS,


Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment