Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 2 en el Campo!


Hola!!
 
Well I know it hasn't been very long since I last wrote :P but it's our pday today. Last week pday was transfers so we didn't get a pday and we were unable to write you until Friday.

I worked at the Book of Mormon Publication Site on Saturday and guess what?! Elder Jensen from the 70 came in with his huge 49 member family for tours. They were split into 3 groups and of course, Elder Jensen was in my group.. haha It was my third tour ever in the BOMPS and I had a general authority!! He used to be the church historian too... So I figured I'd be super nervous.. but I totally wasn't! I was completely calm and everything went so smoothly. He actually loved the tour and was able to teach me a few new things that I could use in my tours later! I went with my companion on a Spanish tour so that I could watch and see if I could understand anything... and I understood almost everything!! I have been so blessed with the gift of tongues already.. now if I could only SPEAK it haha.... Yesterday we didn't get our first tour until noon and our shift ended at 2.. I went with Hermana Boseman to learn other facts from her, so I didn't get my own tour that day.

Yesterday I met 2 of our recent converts :D I met Rose Dollay from Africa and her son Hansen and we all went to Mamie's house (I think she's also from Africa) to watch the Testaments. Mamie was baptized last week! The week before I got here. During the movie she asked the best questions. She is very smart and wants to know so much! I already love her :) She's pregnant with twins and she is just so happy. We had so much fun.. haha Rose told me that in her country I'd be known as an African Beauty because I'm not pencil skinny and I just LOVED IT! Haha :D and Mamie agreed :) They're the best.

Sunday night was great! We accidentally scheduled two dinner appointments.. We cancelled with Sister McElveen earlier this week and said we would see her Sunday. We meant for church but I guess she thought we meant dinner.. So when we called her Sunday she said she had already cooked so we couldn't cancel. So We went to Sister Talbot's home at 4:30 for her spaghetti dinner. Went to the broadcast. Then to Sister McElveen's Home. She is so SWEET! She is from Mississippi! So she had cornbread, mustard and turnip greens, spiced yams.. yum! She's great and so much fun and LOVES that our family is from Alabama!
 
I love you all and I can't wait to share with you more of my experiences!!
 
Les quiero Mucho!
Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment